Now, the radiation has decayed, though it's still very radioactive and dangerous.Protesters here take the streets of Kiev following the Chernobyl disaster. Chernobyl 1986 pictures . On April 26, 1986, the No. Some will have their environmental views reinforced.Every year I’ve wondered if I should return, but I always concluded it was worth investing the time to find out. Become a BuzzFeed News member.Looks like your browser doesn't support JavaScript. As the threat of radiation has diminished, the proliferation of wild boars has been somewhat concerning, but the current hazard is the buildings that are collapsing.My original visit in 1994 was speculative in the sense that I didn't know what I'd find or how freely I'd be allowed to travel. Some of the photographs have an emotional resonance because of the health consequences the accident had for so many people, and this has been most acute for me with the photographs of kindergartens and playgrounds.My optimism has been dampened lately by the stream of reports about arctic ice melting and governments unwilling to take the necessary steps to slow down climate change. An example is slippers and toys on a kindergarten floor that has extraordinary color. The fish, which died from exposure … THE CHERNOBYL disaster was the worst nuclear catastrophe in history, and HBO’s miniseries has captured the devastation from the 1986 explosion. Shortly after the explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant on April 26, 1986, few were ready to carry a huge amount of radiation and document the catastrophe, but the Russian photographer Igor Kostin was an exception. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io.Is This a Photo of the Titanic-Sinking Iceberg?Why Are So Many Birds Dropping Dead in America?Let's Remember the Largest Helicopter Ever,One Simple Change Helped This Guy Lose 104 Pounds.What If a Solar Flare Actually Sank the Titanic?The World Pays Tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg,Meet the 20-Year-Old Mavericks Changing America,I'm a Dreamer Facing the Threat of Deportation,I'm a Director Humanizing the Black Experience.Evan is an associate editor for Men’s Health, with bylines in The New York Times, MTV News, Brooklyn Magazine, and VICE.Men's Health participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.​This Is the Best Look for Your Dating Profile Picture. We may earn a commission through links on our site.These photos will stop you in your tracks.Luckily, despite the complete shutdown of both the plant and the neighboring town, many photos exist of the devastation that was left in the footprint of the man-made disaster, both in Ukraine and the surrounding areas.The effects of the disaster weren't limited to Ukraine—in this photo, produce is checked for radiation in a France market.People flying in and out of the area were also scanned for radioactivity.Even in France, radioactivity levels were a threat—checks on passersby and crops were frequent.Gas masks were necessary just to operate—here, a man gathers a sample to test radioactivity from the Chernobyl site.One of the Chernobyl engineers undergoes tests in the weeks following the incident.The exterior of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant following the explosion of Reactor #4.A few months later—August 1986—this is what the external of the Plant looked like.The 'Elephants Foot' of Chernobyl. The book has seemed like a kind of summation, but I’d hate to not get that one next photograph that could be wonderful. All rights reserved.Forest fires around Chernobyl could release radiation, scientists warn,Look at the science – smoking and obesity are more harmful than radiation,Chernobyl lessons missed because of research gaps, says radiation expert,Inside Chernobyl's control room, 25 years on,Chernobyl's legacy: no likely return to normality and a never-ending bill,became a central figure of the disaster clean-up,Relatives attend the funeral of radiation expert Alexander Goureïev,where children were reported to have been put on trains in great numbers,a second explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power station. Deaths of Chernobyl – pictures of the terrible consequences of the 1986; Chernobyl fish: pictures of the fauna and the city of Chernobyl after the disaster; Chernobyl amusement Park – pictures amusement Park 30 years later; Chernobyl control room: pictures of the disaster site 30 years later Esses Cookies nos permitem coletar alguns dados pessoais sobre você, como sua ID exclusiva atribuída ao seu dispositivo, endereço de IP, tipo de dispositivo e navegador, conteúdos visualizados ou outras ações realizadas usando nossos serviços, país e idioma selecionados, entre outros.

Tschernobyl - Autopsie Einer Katastrophe, Gdp Hotel, Kommödchen Düsseldorf Programm 2020, Evangelische Familienbildungsstätte Duisburg, Action Für Kinder In Wien, Unorthodox Deutsch Bedeutung, Potsdam Aktivitäten Schlechtes Wetter, Prinzregentenstraße München Stadtteil, F138 Engine, Landschulmuseum Göldenitz, Englisch Übungen Klasse 5, Party Chemnitz Heute, Museum Für Hamburgische Geschichte Eisenbahn, Opferfest 2020 Türkei Wünsche, Tagesausflug Schleswig-holstein Corona, Kinderrechtsverletzungen Fallbeispiele, Achterbahn Prater Neu, Weinstraße München, Katholische Familienbildungsstätte Bochum Programm 2019, Müritz-nationalpark Mit Kindern, Civis Deklination, Düsseldorf Rheinuferpromenade Adresse, Wörlitzer Park, City Bounce, Ozeaneum Stralsund Rabatt 2020, Gründe Jugendamt Einschalten, Este Ese Aquel übungen, Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk Weltkindertag, Frühlingsspiele Kindergarten, Sommerferienpass Leipzig 2020, übertragung Düsseldorfer Rosenmontagszug, Flohmarkt Stadt Kiel 2020, Michael Schumacher: Aktuelle Bilder, Partnership International, Kultur Dresden Heute, Euch Groß Oder Klein, Beste Spieler Fc Barcelona, Gratis Ferienpass Zürich, Kunstpalme 180 Cm, Juve Napoli Finale, Amnesty International Berlin Praktikum, Erlebnishöfe Berlin Brandenburg, Museum Kunstpalast, Tiergarten Schönbrunn Corona Regeln, Winzerfest Freyburg 2019, Tagtäglich Duden, Real Madrid Trainingsstart, Emmy Beauty, Kurpark Wiesenbad Veranstaltungen, Winzerfest Freyburg 2020 Corona, Theater Der Jungen Welt Jobs, Akkusativobjekt Fragewort, Rechte Und Pflichten Kinder, Goldfasan Kaufen Sachsen, Coole Museen Hamburg, Mittelalterfest Schleusingen 2019, Pfingsten Berlin 2020, Ruhrgebiet Mit Kindern Bei Regen, Hollabrunn Kindesabnahme, Tourist-information Berlin-brandenburg, Formel-1 Rennkalender 2016, Palmyra Bremen, Wo Ist Was Los Heute, Wismar Alter Hafen, Rb Leipzig 2014, Lazio Livescore, Miguel Torres, Parkeisenbahn öffnungszeiten, Tschernobyl Serie Stream Amazon,